Monday, December 30, 2013

Dodgeball 3: Facts and Deleted Material

Like the other Dodgeball stories, this one went through rewrites as well.

Several friends wanted me to write this story. The problem is that I haven’t seen the 3rd Matrix movie in theaters and they have to wait. I quickly wrote the story soon as it came on DVD.

The story started with “We entered the French Restaurant.” Ok, did Cabot ever had a fancy French restaurant? I had to rewrite it as a secret place that’s underneath the President of the French Club’s house. Also, that’s a lame way to introduce people into the story. We need a reminder of what happen previously and set up a intro to the story. The part that Giant Robot Spiders were going to attack Austin wasn’t mention till we got to the French guy. I also had to make an excuse why we couldn’t reach Austin on foot, car, or the subway that secretly under Auto-Tech building.


The Maitre d' part was added because the scene from the restaurant to the dance club was quick. I felt like needed expanding and yes, I took that bubble gum bomb from Never Say Never. No, not that movie based on that singer that needs a haircut, the one with 007 is the one I'm talking about.


I didn’t notice the bondage-like leather in the dance club in the movie till long after I wrote the story. I added a joke that how it’s weird that the Frenchman who is suppose to be a High Schooler runs this type of place.


Anyone who seen the movie knows that Neo is trapped a subway in the 1st 30 minutes. Forget it, I’m not going to be trapped in a boring place. I changed it to we need to make a deal with the Frenchman to use his subway entrance to get to Austin.


The Battle of Zion was a losing battle for the humans and they were losing lives and humanity would die if Neo didn’t make a truce with the machines. I threw in complete opposite to surprised my viewers.


I stopped parodying the 3rd Matrix movie and started on other franchises during on the portal hopping.



  • Medieval Tower- Lord of the Rings: Gandalf vs. Saruman with a mix of the Balrog fight and how Aragorn’s ancestor defeated Sauron.
  • Place of Pillars of Lights and narrow bridges with no railings- Star Wars: Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon vs. Darth Maul with a bit Luke vs. Vader.
  • Factory- Terminator 2: T-100 vs. T-1000
  • Place of wooden bridges and skeletons- Mortal Kombat. The location is based on Johnny Cage vs. Scorpion in the 1st movie.
  • Water Tower- Legend of Zelda. Based on the final battles with Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker.
  • The Astral World- Final Fantasy, based Squall vs. Seifer from 8's intro and 7's Ending with Cloud vs. Sephiroth.

“Unless he comes back as a cyborg or something.” There is no way that would ever been written back in the day. It’s a brand new addition and a reference of Darth Maul coming back from the dead in recent years.


The Terminator part wasn’t in the early version of the stories.


I knew when I wrote the 1st draft that taking the ice gauntlets with me to the portal would give me an edge and it would be weird I was acting like Link with ice powers. Had to write off those gloves before I jumped into the portal.


The Evil Elf King turning into a Dragon (like Ganondorf turning into a giant pig) wasn’t in the early versions.


The Squall vs. Seifer part in the Astral World wasn’t in the early versions.


The final battle from Mission Impossible 2 was planned to be in the story back then but it was only in the concept stage, never to be written in any version of the story. I enjoyed those movies but I only seen them once. I’m more of a causal viewer rather a hardcore fan to those films.


In the early versions, one of the portal hopping battles was based on the final battle from Transformers: Armada. Remember this story was written when the show just ended and fresh in our minds. That battle was awesome! This shock everyone because this is a show that many TF fans didn’t like and it blew their minds on how the final battle went on how brutal Optimus and Megatron went. The average battles in the series are usually slowish.

It’s be weird to use that battle from Armada nowdays. There’s alot of battles to pick from the Transformers franchise and it be odd to pick Armada’s final battle from the rest.


Remember, this was written way back then. So don’t expect anything based on Thorin vs. Azog, Anakin vs. Obi-Wan, John Connor vs. CGI Arnold, Cloud vs. Sephiroth from Advent Children with a pencil that splits into 10 pencils, or stabbing into the Elf King’s heart like Twilight Princess.


No, I’m not going to die like how Neo did. I’m rewriting that ending because this is my story.


Yes, I saw the alternate ending in that one Matrix game called Path of Neo somewhere on youtube and it's funny how the Matrix creators paused the game to explain why the ending's different. Remember, this was written soon as the 3rd movie was on DVD. That game didn't come out some time later.

No comments:

Post a Comment