Thursday, October 29, 2015

Heroes vs Baddies: The Mystery of Old Captain Chapter 1

Here is the final story of the Heroes vs Baddies saga. Hope you all enjoy. Yes, it's based/parody of a certain movie just like most my dodgeball stories.


Two years have past since the our last battle with the Baddies. Being curious after hearing about the previous generations of Heroes and Baddies when The Inferno was causing chaos, I called New Captain to see if he knew anything about them. He said yes and told me he can mail me Captain's diary that he used back when he was a teen.


A week pass and Captain's diary came in the mail. I read through the thing and learn a bunch of stuff. In the 1980s, Baddies try to conquer Cabot High School. A group called the Heroes led by the predecessor of Captain and New Captain, called Old Captain. In the middle of the war, Old Captain mysteriously disappeared. He was last heard that he was on a mission to Pinnacle Mountain to stop the war and bring peace. With the Heroes now leaderless, a young teen named Captain took over and continued the fight.  The war ended soon after and Cabot High was at peace till the threats of the Evil Elf King and the next generation of Baddies.


I wonder if Old Captain might be alive. I wanted to solve the mystery of what happen to him. So I planned a trip to Pinnacle Mountain with my two new recruits. One used to be the president of the Italian class at school. Like the French President, this American student for some reason has an Italian accent. The other guy is a man called Ears. He is likes making gadgets. The reason his name is Ears is because he covers his mouth with a cloth and his ears wiggle when he talks. Like it seems he talks through his ears for some reason.

"Chris! Chris! Y'all needs to see this thang!" That sounded like Gunner's calling.

I went to the room where Gunner is at and I saw him and Medic typing on a computer.

Medic spoke, "Glad you're here. There's been reports of Baddie activity near Vilonia." I sighed, "Well the trip to Pinnacle Mountain has been postponed. Slicer, Ears, Italian President, we're going to Vilonia." We geared up with our dodgeballs and Nerf guns and head out.



We were at a hilly area that is several miles from Vilonia. We search for a while when suddenly...we felt a large earthquake.

"Mama Mia, what'a that!"

Ears pulled out a device and said, "According to my earthquake detector, it's coming from..." before he finish, a giant dragon appeared in front of us.

I said, "So this is the reason we had to take a detour from going to Pinnacle Mountain."

We quickly threw dodgeballs at the creature. All of them bounce off the him, causing little to no damage. We heard an unknown voice.

"Please do not damage my specimen."

We look who said that and we saw a man sitting on the Dragon's saddle.  I saw a familiar face, a man with an eyepatch. I said in a surprised tone, "One-Eye?! I thought you died back when the Giant Winged Demon attacked the High School?"

The Baddie replied, "I survived but barely. When the school was attacked, I used a secret hatch that lead me to the underground subway underneath the school just right before the ceiling collapsed. I fell unconscious for a few hours. I got up and walk down the subway and at the end, I found I was at someplace outside the city of Hot Springs. I radio Supervillain but no received response. All alone, I work on experiments for a while. I found dragon DNA deep under ground. I cloned it, making this my best specimen. Few months ago, I encountered Robot and he informed me the news of what happened since I lost contact after all these years. Now that I have reestablished contact with my old employers, I will eradicate you all."

His pet dragon started attacking again. He shoot fire out of it's mouth. All of us hid behind some rocks while Slicer charge forward, sliding underneath the flame and continue forward. He attacked it's head with his toy lightsaber gauntlets. The Dragon howl in pain. The creature returned with a tail swipe, knocking Slicer off his feet.

Ears saw his friend hurt getting hurt. He narrow his eyes at the dragon he pulled out a device out of his pocket and press a button. Soon the Dragon screaming in pain. It couldn't take anymore and quickly fly away out of the area.

Slicer got up to his feet and turned towards Ears, "Hey man, what was that?" The inventor replied, "That my friend is a sonic frequency that I sent out that affected the beast's audio receptors." Slicer looked puzzled. I told him don't worry trying to figure out Ears' device. With the enemy gone, we continue our journey to the mountain.



We arrived at our destination. We search for a while till we discovered a cave that leads underground. We went down a few minutes till we discover an older man who seems to be in a frozen state like Villain was when the Glowing Tennisball was used on him. It was Old Captain. I radioed my allies so we can take him back to base.



Meanwhile, several Baddies were hiding in unknown junkyard. The leader of the Baddies, Villain was sitting in a makeshift chair, rubbing his scar on his eyebrow that he received from his last battle. The guy who thinks he's a machine, Robot walks up to his leader and salute across his chest. "MESSAGE RECEIVED. ONE-EYE REPORTS HE ENCOUNTERS THE HEROES. THEY MENTION THEIR DESTINATION IS PINNACLE MOUNTAIN."

Traitor laughed, "So the Heroes are wasting time going on vacations rather than finding us?"

Villain glared at his 2nd in command and said, "No you fool! The Heroes are trying to locate a certain someone, someone who planned to end the war back in the 80s but his plan failed that day and he wasn't seen since than. This will prove interesting" Villain gave a big smile.



We were inside the Heroes secret base with the unconscious Old Captain. I pulled out the Glowing Tennisball out of my pocket and prepare to aim it towards Old Captain.  "He seems to be in a frozen state like Villain was at one point. The best way to wake him up is using the Glowing Tennisball."

I pulled a few strings out and press them into Old Captain's chest. Soon a bright light appeared out of the strings and flashed across the room. The light died down and we looked to the former leader of the Heroes. Soon he open his eyes and started attacking anything in sight. I grab a bucket of water and threw it in his face.

He stop attacking and looked around. I asked, "Dude, you gotta chill man. We're Heroes just like you." He realized we weren't the enemy and asked, "What happen?" I told him I will take him out and tell him anything.


I took him to the roof of city hall.  He took one long look at the city and said, "Cabot has sure changed since the last time I last saw it. How long have I been out?" I told him it's been 25 years since he been reported missing.

I told him how Captain took over and led the Heroes to victory in the 80s. I told him the threat of the Evil Elf King and how his death led the start of a new generation of Baddies. How Captain died and how New Captain became leader. How the threats of the Giant Winged Demon and The Inferno were stopped and Villain's multiple defeats.

I asked him, "So what your plans to end the war and how did you ended up in that frozen state?" The former leader answered, "I built a device that I plan to use but I was attacked and one of my enemies use a glowing Tennisball against me, causing me to freeze in this state that I was in."

Old Captain asked, "Did you see any piece of machinery in the cave?" I shook my head no. The old leader continued,  "I was getting ready to use a machine to end the war. Seems the Baddies have savage it but the good news is that the machine requires a password that only I know, so it won't work for them even they try."

I asked, "What does the machine do?" He told me, "Well it's..."

Suddenly, my radio kicked on. "Chris! This is Medic. You got to get to the South end of 2nd Street. The Sophomore Boy is getting chased by Baddies! I will send several troops to help you. "

I rolled my eyes, "Oh great, what has guy gotten himself into now?" I turn to Old Captain, "Go ahead and go back to base, I got to take care of a problem."

No comments:

Post a Comment