Sunday, December 27, 2015

Heroes vs Baddies: The Mystery of Old Captain. Behind the scenes, facts and deleted material

Here's my behind the scenes of the recent story I posted. If you haven't read yet, click here.

If you guys haven’t figure out what the story is based/parody of, it’s the 3rd Transformers movie. Dark of the Moon. Seeing I did stories based on the 1st movie and 2nd. Why not 3rd movie.

I did said this is the last Heroes vs. Baddies story. However in recent years, there been more Transformers movies came out like Age of Exciteion. However, I don’t want all my stories to mostly focus on Transformers and when Dark of the Moon came out, it really was the end of Transformers movies at the time. All the Decepticons were destroyed  and there were no loose ends.

As I was posting the previous Heroes vs Baddies stories on this blog, I made some hints like Villain being aware of the previous generations of Heroes and Baddies. I also added a scene in the very 1st Heroes vs. Baddies story where One-Eye got “killed” by a cave-in during the Giant Winged Demon attack the school. However, you didn’t actually see him die or found his body. I just simply implied his death, preparing his return in the 4th and final story.

Honesty, I haven’t actually wrote a draft to this story. I did plan to write this story on paper but I never got to it. I did have the general story planned out and what’s to happen. Stuff like One-Eye explaining how he came back, the fallen Hero is named Old Captain. The final battles planned out like Traitor being immortal, Robot killing Ears and Slicer avenging him, Villain killing Old Captain and transforming into Supervillain.

The 1st battle with One-Eye was planned to be in Ozarks but I change it to Vilonia. Old Captain was planned to be either in Mt. Magazine or Pinnacle Mt. It be weird to go all the way north and then to one of those two mountains, plus Vilonia is on the way.

Italian President is based on Dino who barley has two lines but I was told, he had an Italian accent. Ears was based on Que who is very loosely based on Wheeljack, whose ears light up when he talks. It’s far more easier to based a character from G1 or any other version than a guy who barely had three lines and he mostly know for getting executed.

Old Captain was going to mention about the mithril ball when he was showed the city of Cabot after being asleep. Not when his betrayal was announced. Problem was that I already summit the 1st chapter without the mention of the mithril ball. I still need him to mention he knows the secret of recharging it something before the final battle.  Otherwise, him giving advice to Chris at the final battle would came out nowhere and he just assume that Chris had it.

Well the Predators cosplayers were based on some Decepticons whose designs based on the Predators. I actually had to look up the release date of the Predators movie, the one with everyone on the alien planet. I was a year after when this story was suppose to take place.

Yes, I planned Sophomore Boy to have a far more smaller role. He just there to provide the plot for the guys and get out. Of course, I had to explain how he lost his old GF.

The plot device was always planned to be a time machine. I figure Old Captain would drop a piece of the Ozarks or something on top of central Arkansas and he would go back in time and start his rule from there.

While I did plan the final battles, the location of the climax was another matter. I would thinking  the final battle be somewhere in Little Rock, North Little Rock, or Hot Springs. I figure to change it back to the High School seeing that’s where it begins, might as well end it there. Also the place been remodeled so it may be more interesting to write that place.

The Terrordactyl was loosely based on Laserbeak in the movie. Since the 3rd story had Robot saved by a terrodactyl, I figure make this the same guy. The Terrordactytl is a parody of Rodan(from Godzilla) and Ridley(from Metroid). Rodan at did got a power-up that turn him to Fire Rodan in one movie and good gosh, Ridley is a character that died so many times and yet he is still alive in one form or the other.

All the battles with the Baddie Generals were going to be told one by one but I change it to going back and forth, ending some in cliffhangers to make the battles more tense.

The 3rd Transformers movie had characters dying left and right and most them were standing for few seconds before they get killed off. Including the character who Evil Cop is based on. A guy who disappears in the 1st movie, leaving questions about his whereabouts, only to show up at the end in the 3rd movie and gets kill in less than 2 seconds. I figure make the Baddie Generals at lease put up a fight rather than being glorified stormtroopers.

Some of the Baddie General battles were based on events from other Transformers series like Starscream becoming immortal from Animated or the entire battle between Wheeljack and Soundwave from Prime. Some are not even from Transformers, I copied off the dragon boss from Twilight Princess where Link uses hookshots.

I was going to write the Heroes raiding inside the main building and destroying the time machine but I wanted to wrap things up and have the guys from England(the one from Arkansas, not Europe) destroy it offscreen.

With the previous story ending with Chris in Super Armor and having a major battle where Jacksonville gets torn up. It be weird if I finish the Heroes vs. Baddies saga with a battle on a far more smaller scale than the previous story. I planned to have Villain kill Old Captain, eat the corrupted tennis ball, and transform back to Supervillain

Like the Baddie General battles, the battle between Super Armor Chris and Supervillain is based on battles between Optimus and Megatron from different series.

New Captain and his team wasn’t meant to be in the story. I only wrote them to be somewhere upstate to explain why they aren’t in my later Heroes vs. Baddies stories. Since I’m ending the series, I figure I brink them back and poke fun that they were never there when we need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment