Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Behind the scenes: The Lonokean Empire Saga Part 2: Accountants and Assassins

If you guys haven't figure out what my two stories were based on. It's Magic Mike and Jet Li's Hero.

Long before I had my blog set up. I asked someone what movie they want me to make a parody and they asked the movie, Hero. I quickly came up with two little sentences about meeting the new emperor of the Lonokeon Empire. At the time, I had the original draft for the original Lonokeon Empire story already wrote.

It was kinda fitting in a way. Both stories are based on ancient times with swords and emperors.

I did had a request to do the movie Magic Mike a few months ago. I declined the offer quickly. For one thing, most of my parodies are based on action movies, not drama. I remember I was talking to a friend of mine about my stories and movies and all of a sudden, a women who heard part of the conversation started busting in and discuss that The Butler was a good movie. I was like, "err...ok." I sure it's a good and everything but that is no where near the type of movie I can put in my silly stories.

My friends have tease me about seeing Magic Mike. A straight male like me is less likely want to see a movie about male strippers. However I figure go ahead on making the story. Since the main character is based on your truly going through the movie's plot, it be funny to see the main character's big mistake on how he ended up with an undercover job he didn't like and then leading to one big fight scene.

I did had plans on writing the story about the assassins in the Lonokeon Empire but with the request on Magic Mike. I figure make this story as a little teaser for the next story.

I admit I didn't actually watch Magic Mike. I just look up the movie online. I heard it's a good movie that has a good story regardless if the movie has alot female eye candy.

Most of the enemies in the Magic Mike parody are based on actual characters that were in the movie.
  • The Dallas Cowboy player is based on Matthew McConaughey's Dallas
  • Female bodyguard was based on Olivia Munn's Joanna who was Tatum's on and off girlfriend. Her having purple hair and purple energy blades is based on her character called Psylocke in X-Men: Apocalypse.
  • Jungle King is based on Kevin Nash's Tarzan. Him turning into a super soldier mutant thing is based on Nash's Super Shredder in Ninja Turtles: Secret of the Ooze. Yes, that was an anticlimactic battle where he killed himself.
  • Big Richard/The Terminator/Alt.Universe One Eye is based on Joe Manganiello's Big Dick Richie. As the time of writing this, he is being cast as Deathstroke/Slade Wilson in the upcoming DC films. Then again, things may change since it's early early production. I remember the Braking Bad guy was announced as Lex Luthor was all over the news but we got stuck with the guy from The Social Experiment.

My fight with The Terminator was based on the epic boss fight from Arkham Origins.

Just to let anyone know. Deathstroke sometimes being called the Terminator in the comics actually predated the Terminator films by a few years.

Him being the alternate universe incarnation of One Eye from my Heroes vs. Baddies stories was a spur of the moment idea as I was writing the battle. I kinda envision that One Eye in my stories was this mean looking grey-hair guy with an eye-patch. Which is exactly what Deathstoke looks like unmasked(well in certain versions, he sometimes have dark hair.)

The ending where the male strippers were out of a job and working in furniture stores is was the lead character wanted to do once he retires from stripping.

Strato's real name as Mikey was sort of a last minute idea.

Speaking of Mikey. When I was getting ready to write the battle. I was like, wait a minute, I'm fighting Donnie Yen. I didn't want end the battle too quickly. I threw in battles from Donnie's other films like Ip Man, Killzone, and Once upon a time in China 2.

I had to write the story a little differently from the movie. Jet Li's main goal was to kill the emperor. My goal was to mainly kill the assassins and give warning to the emperor.

In some versions of the tale, certain assassins lived or never fought Jet Li. I had to make sure all three were actually slain along with the pupil.

I had explained why only the indoors of the collage was painted white and nothing else. The battle at the lake only happen in the blue flashback in the film but I moved the battle much later. Plus the witnesses at Slush's battle had to either be lying or they're all colorblind. The colors themselves were never mentioned by the characters in the movie but my story was making jokes on how the entire campus wastes time and money on painting everything

Of course I not going to let myself die. Just because that's how Hero ended isn't how I going to end it.

No comments:

Post a Comment