Thursday, March 26, 2020

To Stop the Mississippi River Tour: Behind the scenes and other facts

Once upon a time, I was requested to write a parody of Magic Mike. People in the past like to tease me on watching this. A movie that is full of eye candy that straight males don't want to watch.

The thing is I was setting up a parody of Jet Li's Hero but I was requested to write the 1st Magic Mike movie. I figure go ahead and set it up as a teaser of the Hero parody by making Big Richard/Terminator as one of the alternate universe bounty hunter that's connected to that story and appears in the Magic Mike story.

Normally I write these silly stories based on big action movies, not drama, so I had to write a ton of action scenes on a story that's based on a drama movie.

During the writing of the 2nd story, I notice I don't have enought characters to carry the story, so I had to resurrect certain ones(Big Richard, Jungle King).

A ton of characters are actually based on the cast of the 2nd Magic Mike movie.


The Cajun is based on Channing Tatum's Magic Mike. Since most of the silly stories I write is where the main character based on your's truly and put in the world of the parody of the movie. I wrote myself getting into an undercover mission without knowing what it was(Stripping). However my character didn't go with it and pull out his Nerf gun and fired everything and ask questions.

In the 2nd story, I figure just make my character a original character while Channing Tatum's Magic Mike will actually show up this time. Him being The Cajun is based on him when he was going to play the popular X-Men member, Gambit. His character is a mutant from New Orleans. His power is send kinetic energy into things he touches, which cause them to explode. His favorite to use is his deck of cards.

For pass few years, Channing Tatum was going to starred in an X-Men spinoff movie with him as the lead. However the movie was still in early production and it went through three different directors and the released date kept being pushed back. Once Disney's acquisition of Fox happened and Marvel Studios(under Disney) wanted back their rights to use X-Men characters, the movie was shut down all together.




Big Richard/The Terminator is based on Joe Manganiello's Big Dick Richie. When I wrote the 1st story, he was reported to play the popular Deathstoke in Ben Affleck's upcoming solo Batman movie. However Affleck is step down and now Robert Pattinson playing him(Edward from the sparkling vampire movies). Manganiello may or may not be in the upcoming movie since alot stuff changed since than. So far, he only appeared in a post-credits scene on Justice League.

Deathstroke the Terminator, real name Slade Wilson is a deadly mercenary who is a major foe to the Teen Titans, Batman, and Green Arrow. He first appeared four years before the Schwarzenegger movies came around, so him being called the Terminator isn't based on the robots. Deadpool started out as Marvel's ripoff of him before later writers rewrote him into the goofy 4th-wall breaking we know today.

Due to killing off Big Richard, I had to bring him back somehow. My original story was originally meant to be a one off stand alone and didn't intend to bring him back. Deathstoke does have a healing factor but I don't think he heals from decapitation. Him supposedly coming back from making a deal with a demon called Tri-something was a reference to how Slade came back from the dead at one point. Trigon is sort of more or less the Titans version of the devil. I was going to make it how Terminator came back but at 1st, it seems way too out there with demons, but then I realized alot my stories did had demons and ancient evils. However the decision to rewrite the demonic resurrection to a fantasy made up by a guy high on drugs was because I didn't want people think I left open a plot thread of a Trigon-like demon coming in a sequel that I had no intention of writing.

His Aussie accent was based on Manu Bennett's version of the character.

In the 1st story, the big showdown between my and his character was based on the one of the most epic boss fights of video game history from Batman: Arkham Origins. In this story, I based the showdown in the city of Dumas from Batman: Arkham Knight where Batman gets in his Batmobile and blast a tons of tanks, including Slade's supertank. Soon we get a cutscene of the merc jumping out of the tank and Batman knocks him out in one blow. Very anti-climatic after we had the most epic boss fights of all time.




Water Witch is based on Magic Mike's love interest, Zoe. The actress also played Mera who is Aquaman's love interest who later ended up as his wife. Mera has the ability to control and manipulate water.



Jungle King/Crell/Rice Wine/The Grater is based on Kevin Nash's Tarzan. The actor/wrestler also played in the 2nd Ninja Turtles live-action movie as Super Shredder. At the climax of the movie, Shredder drank a canister of ooze offscrene and it turned him from a man of average height to a beefy 7-foot man with a major wardrobe change. In less in a minute, he anti-climatically killed himself by knocking down a pillar that causes a cave-in.

Shredder's Super form only showed up in the beat 'em up 90s games as the final boss where he's really hard to fight. He finally made a reappearance decades later at the end of the 2012 series where Shredder mutates himself and turns him into a grotesque appearance that's very similar of how I mention him within the story. Unlike the movie, Super Shredder was actually hard to take down.

Him being in a love triangle and wanting to kill the Cajun was based on Shredder's love triangle with Yoshi and Tang Shen. The final fight between me and Grater's is similar to Leo's final fight with the giant monster.




In the 2nd movie, the gang gets together and go touring up on the Pacific in their Fro-yo truck. It crashed due people getting high. I didn't want to use your regular drugs you hear on the news all the time, I wanted to use one that's not commonly used and sounds downright silly, so smoking tide pods it is. I accidentally made up the thing of people smoking tide pods because I was joking around one day and talking about teens today are trying to attract females with their manbuns, how they are the coolest dude ever with their fidget spinners, or how they enjoy smoking a tide pod. I then realized what I said, it's teens that are foolishly eating the things, not smoking them. However I google it recently and it turns out that you can smoke them(I wound't recommend it). From what I read, I don't think you can get high. You could say the driver in the story was smoking things beyond a tide pod and the other strippers only notice the tide pod.


I chose the city of Dumas for the big tank battle because it is arguably the one of the biggest cities between Pine Bluff and Lake Village in Southeast Arkansas. I wanted to have a big battle somewhere that kinda a city. Most of the other places are really really small, you drive by for a minute and your out of the town. I can't imagine having a big tank battle in a small town.



The whole thing about people coming back from the dead through magic worm clones is based on the original black and white Ninja Turtles comics. Every great hero in fiction has an iconic arch-nemesis. Like Batman's Joker, Superman's Lex Luthor, Spider-Man's Green Goblin, Link's Ganon, Optimus' Megatron, and the Turtles have Shredder. Well guess what, in the end of the very 1st ever issue of the Ninja Turtles comics during a showdown, the Shredder is beaten, bruised, stabbed, and gets blow up to pieces. He is deader than dead.

Shredder did ultimately came back from the dead a few years later. It was revealed that the Foot scientists and mystics used worms to find Shredder's remains and later, the worms become a clone of Shredder. Then he died again after revealing his resurrection. All the other cartoons, movies, and other comics made Shredder a major recurring major villain than a one off villain who made a come back years later.

I originally wanted to give both Grater and Terminator two different explanations how how they came back but I ultimately brought both back through magic worm clone things.


I originally wanted my character to fight Grater, than Cajun and Water Witch but I decided to have a love triangle storyline and have Grater kill Cajun and ended up at the final foe in the story.


Jada Pinkett Smith was in the 2nd Magic Mike movie as the gang's ride to their final show and I made a reference to Jada's other role from the Matrix Trilogy. Way back then, I wrote a another silly parody of those movies and her character was briefly seen as I fell on her car and saw her for a second.



I planned to have somebody based on Donald Glover's character where he also gives the gang a ride. I would also make references of young Lando. In the end, I decided to scrap the entire thing.



I chose the final town where the strippers would perform at Tomato, Arkansas, simply because I like the name of the town. It is an unincorporated area and most people don't know it exists. Plus most of the story takes place on the Arkansas side of the Mississippi River and I needed to find a place to end the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment